The Therapist's Role In Treating Plagiocephaly without a Helmet
Join our army to fight the good fight against flat heads and eradicate plagiocephaly once and for all.
Are you ready to enlist?
Participants will be able to:
- Evaluate different types of torticollis and plagiocephaly and their causes.
- Understand best practices for treating torticollis and plagiocephaly, including screenings, evaluation, treatment, discharge and follow up care.
- Create a treatment plan that supports the whole infant, not just the torticollis.
- Understand the importance of developmental skill attainment and how it is directly affected by torticollis and plagiocephaly.
- Problem solve atypical scenarios with the torticollis/plagiocephaly population.
- Gain confidence in overall handling skills.
- Identify/evaluate/explain basic and complex infant head shapes.
- Recognize the 9 risk factors associated with plagiocephaly and how to mitigate them.
- Understand various treatment options for plagiocephaly, including pros and cons of each.
- Take excellent pictures of baby’s head shapes to establish a baseline, validate results and monitor progress.
- Understand how forces affect infant skull shapes and the ability to correct them.
- Safely and effectively position a baby with plagiocephaly to correct skull flattening using evidence based swaddling techniques.
- Determine when helmet therapy is indicated.
Quick Answers to the Most Asked Plagio/Tort Questions
We get asked many questions every single day from anxious parents about everything plagiocephaly and torticollis! Here are our most asked questions and how we respond!
*All printable products and digital products, whether free or for purchase, are intended for individual use and may not be shared without express permission by Baby Begin LLC.